2/04/2012

What Else Is There To Do?

I suppose at this point the $64,000 question is "Why have a blog if you don't post to it and does your silence mean you aren't reading as much as you should be?"

Touche, me-pretending-I'm-you.  Yes, it means I haven't been reading enough. I've been distracted of late and I'll tell you how, in no particular order.

#1: The Y - A few years ago I joined the YMCA and lost a bunch of weight, then promptly gained most of it back.  Last fall I made some lifestyle changes and decided the Y might be a good substitute for some of my poorer decisions.  Then Christmas and New Years happened.  I have been back the past 2 weeks though, and going almost daily.  I'm still looking for a goal, or some motivation.  Is there a shirtless holiday about 6 months off I should know about?

#2: Television/Wall - I sold my TV to a coworker last year in an effort to spend less time idolizing it (I hope he is enjoying it still.)  My roomate, however, has a projector.  Fortunately for me, I haven't spent all my time watching it.  Just some/lots of my time.  One note: Grumpy Old Men is a fantastic movie and I don't regret at all having watched it last week.

#3: Work - One would think that working at a bookstore is helpful to reading, but no.  In a perfect world I'd set a time every day for reading, say 10am-2pm, and stick with it.  The world isn't perfect though, and I work a somewhat random schedule.  Add to that the constant temptation to buy more, different books and you've got a recipe for not getting things done.

You didn't expect me to be so predictable, did you?  Truly, I am dull, folks.

I am still reading, I promise, and I will have a post up about my most recent conquest shortly, as well as a recap of my first month of reading every book I own.  In summary: not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment